Tuesday 19 June 2012

Cracked front fairing

Cracked front fairing

So it turns out there was a small crack on the last drop when I was on Keppoch I didn't initially notice, so being cheap* I am fixing it myself

*also known as KLR owner, the words cheap and KLR owner are interchangeable at anytime

So here we go,


 Yep, that looks bad

  
                                             
 Washed up,  better, still bad

Some adhesive made for ABS plastic added to the back 


Then some fiberglass and ABS cement (remember this is the back)\, then Little bit of sand paper


  

Shoot... the clip didn't hold the fairing that tightly (oh yeh I used a clip while I was applying the glue)

 
 So I added some ABS cement in the exposed crack and sanded it down


Colour matching paint using a camera from a auto paint store since Kawi doesn't share their recipe. Spray paint obviously.
 And there you have it, hard to tell in the pictures but you have to look really close to see the scar and the fairing cleaned up looks good...

Good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment