Monday 9 July 2012

My trip to Cape Breton

Cape Breton

Got to spend a few days in Cape Breton as I had to get the bike serviced in Louisdale, NS Babin's service shop for it's 1000km service. Had alot of fun heading back to the Cape, went and stopped in at a few spots I knew as a kid. Took a couple of photos along the way. Nothing clears the head more and relaxes you then driving in the back roads of Cape Breton for some reason.

                     Some photos from a site where a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver

Stopping along the way to a photo along the way



Cool little dirt path taking me to the lake where I could snap a picture


Hummm... Gillis lake falls... a hot day... wonder what I should do next?


Nice little quick swim, no swimming shorts or anything just jumped in with my jeans on, very refreshing


Just a beautiful spot, I would have taken the KLR but someone put up a gate on the trail that gets you there.


The great big fiddle in Sydney


The boardwalk...


Old military post, thought the KLR looked cool near a tank



Stopped off at a old dock here cause some jerk was tailgaiting me despite me cruising 10km/h above the limit, so I decided it was a good plate to take a photo and relax so I could enjoy the rest of the ride.



Another quick stop along the way.

All and all Cape Breton was a great trip. I didn't get photos everywhere I went but had a few really nice rides. The back roads and the old route 4 are a great way to go but I am getting really excited for my trip on the Cabot Trail / Newfoundland at the end of the month / the start of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment